I'm travelling into a new way of working, a new country, a new language, and a new hobby which I'm passionate about. Come with me for some of the journey...

Monday 9 March 2015

A New Destination for Inspiration!

Hello all!  I hope you've been enjoying the one-year birthday celebrations over at A Vintage Journey, as well as my simple card for the birthday, and that you have had a chance to check out some of the changes we've put in place for year two.

One of those changes is a new look to our Destination Inspiration posts, and I'm delighted to be the first to set off along the new path.  I'm over at A Vintage Journey today with a creation that follows the rules of our new game for Destination Inspiration.  Over the course of the month you'll see a team of Creative Guides come out to take a trip, one each Monday.  I hope this sneak peek will tempt you to hop across for today's first excursion.


If you're curious to know more about what we're up to, do hop over to A Vintage Journey and check out the map I followed to create the tag there.  I hope you'll enjoy visiting Destination Inspiration with us every Monday!

He who does not know how to look back at where he came from will never get to his destination.
Jose Rizal

One's destination is never a place, but rather a new way of looking at things.
Henry Miller

23 comments:

Deb said...

Sounds intriguing Alison, off to take a peek. Love what I see of your umbrella man, gorgeous!

Nikki Acton said...

Great tag Alison... Wonderful background and the peacock feathers coloured umbrella man with spritz and flick looks bold and proud! Nikki xx

chrissie said...

Terrific tag Alison-loved the way you cooked up the ingredients and a great idea to all use the same each month.

Love the Henry Miller quote

Love Chrissie xx

Amanda said...

Great tag!! Wish I could get my due to cut???
Love
Amanda x

Pamellia said...

I just love umbrella man, I'm off to see more! hugs :)

Kirsten said...

Gorgeous tag, Umbrella Man looks great.

Nan G said...

Such a delicate feel to this tag. Love it!

Jackie PN said...

You never cease to amaze me Alison!! xoxo

Terry said...

Alison, your tag is spectacular! I love how you used all the "ingredients" and the Peacock Feathers is such a lovely color! Love your tag! Hugs!

Meggymay said...

Its a gorgeous tag Alison.
Yvonne xx

Dorthe said...

It`s a wonderful tag, dear, love it, and the wonderful shadow, from umbrella man!!
Hugs,Dorthe

Kay Wallace said...

Just left some love on A Vintage Journey, Alison. Beautiful tag!

Redanne said...

This really is a very beautiful tag Alison, I am completely in love with the colours and the new die. I did wonder how you achieved the tones on Umbella Man and now I know - thank you! Anne xx

Cocofolies said...

Hi Alison, I'm far from home for my work for one week, so I will probably not have time to catch-up with all the blogs and posts before a little time... please excuse-me if I miss something during that period.
Your tag is absolutely gorgeous!! Love this man and his umbrella, also the colours and the lovely layers of grasses and greens at the bottom... :) And this piece of die-cut is just delightful! Hugs xxx

Julie Lee said...

I popped across to see this at Vintage Journey and I love it - such beautiful use of colour, xx

Mrs.B said...

Fabulous tag Alison, love the effect on Umbrella Man using the watercolour paper.
Avril xx

massofhair said...

I am using the new Mixed Media dies as stencils Alison as they are perfect for this. Great to see them cut out of kraft card, loving your tag very much :-) xxx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Love it! Such a great use of umbrella man and fab colours! Chrisx

Shirley said...

Another stunning make Alison, love all the colours.

Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
ShirlsCards.

Unknown said...

Looking great.. I need to see more, so I'm off to see more xxx

Sue said...

Just heading over to check this out xx

Brenda Brown said...

You did such a great job with the tag Alison and produced a fabulous first new style DI post. Thanks for everything.
hugs Brenda xxxx

Mary Elizabeth said...

Very cool tag. Love the balance that you achieved with the broken wood slats under umbrella man's feet and the kraft lattice die cut. Pinned!